Pages

January 31, 2011

Mountainbrook






Made from wood and a personal favorite of mine. I've actually gone ahead and bought this a while back and it looks lovely in my home.

This is a note from the artist :
We are transplanted New Englanders now settled in the mountainous Allegheny of West Virginia. We have the highest and second highest mountain in the state in our county. We have 3 mountain rivers flowing through our county and we are proud to say that we own about 800 feet of frontage on one of them. We hope to build on that land next year. Our current home and manufacturing facilities are located on about 3½ acres of incredibly landscaped land with a significant spring coming out of the mountain on this land. At least 14 other houses are supplied by that spring.

This company is actually our second wood manufacturing effort. Our first is located about 6 miles down the road from where I am sitting and occupies an 80,000 sq foot facility and is owned and operated by one of my daughters and son-in-law. In that company we manufacture shelves, country furniture, and shadow boxes.

  The products that you currently see in this store stemmed from my desire to produce wood products that had considerable detail and finish. While getting the other company off the ground I was using scroll saws for pieces of product, such as scrolled shelves.

 

I really liked the type of things that could be done with a scroll saw as the main piece of equipment and I enjoyed the detail work much more then what was then our typical effort. So I experimented more and more with the scroll saw and after awhile I recognized that I had another product line, plus ideas of other things that could be produced. So we test marketed through several shows and to individual gift stores. The results were quite positive.


Please take a look at some of these wonderful items here

No comments: